Apple Pie Filled Pancakes?!?!? I know right?!?!?!
The other day when my husband and I started our day, for some reason I was craving pancakes. And we had to use some bacon that we had purchased a few days prior, and on top of that I was also craving apple pie. Super weird. So, I decided to just kind of throw something together, and came up with apple pie filled pancakes.
- Ingredients (small batch – for about 6-8 pancakes):
- 1/2 a granny smith apple (shredded)
- 2tsp packed heaping brown sugar
- 2tsp cornstarch
- 1.5tsp cinnamon
- 2TB milk (for thinning)
- Mix everything (except the milk) in a small pot, on low. Let sit for about 2 minutes, stir, let sit for 2 more minutes. Slowly stir in the milk to thin the ‘pie filling’, and then turn off the stove and you’re DONE! With the filling. Let that sit while you prep your pancakes.
- Once your pancake batter is ready and you pour your cakes on to the griddle, spread small spoonfuls onto the raw side of the pancakes. When you flip them over, the batter will bake around the ‘filling’. *Pancakes should cook as normal.
Kendra of Custom Made by Kendra